Sunday, January 20, 2013

A few memories


I have tried today to tell everyone how much I appreciate the love and kindness they have sent in their condolences. I've always thought I was strong, but today I know I am not. Instead, my fingers touch the keys and they shake. And yet again I burst into tears. He was my great love. For many, many reasons. He always will be. Perhaps tomorrow will be easier. My thousand friends, I love you too, and you touch me so deeply because of who you are, and also who he was, is, to me.

Someone sent me a quote from Khalil Gibran: "When you are sorrowful, look again in your heart and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight."













2 comments:

  1. Dear Delle,

    What beautiful pictures you posted of you and Jeff! You really had a wonderful life together.

    I so enjoyed listening to him tell me how you two met. Jeff always had a twinkle in his eye when he talked of you. He had a really happy and kind nature. It was a privilege to have known him. I am so sorry he is gone. Please accept my deepest condolences on your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, Delle - Do not worry about contacting us. These photos are lovely to share in your warm love. I sense your great pain at the loss of your life-mate. So good you have wonderful times to remember. My prayers continue for you. Take care of yourself as you grieve.

    ReplyDelete

This is a discussion blog. Spam of all kinds, including unrelated book promotion, is not welcome and will be diligently removed.

About Me

My photo
I write write write. Sometimes I travel. Then I write some more. And I have a great family who understand that I write write write.